Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

She had a rabies vaccination yesterday monday sept 18 she…

Customer Question
She had a rabies...

She had a rabies vaccination yesterday monday sept 18 she woke up this morning with some swelling at the injection site when i picked her up she yelped seems to be less active than usual we have been giving her water by syringe every hour all day long she seems warm to the touch more so than usual

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?

Sami she is approximately 3 1/2 is a rescue dog so thats the best estimate

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Sami?

Not that i know of health wise she has had some upset stomachs seems to be usually healthy she is a chihuahua weighs 4 pounds she did eat some food about an hour ago

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/20/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Richard Rawling,
 replied 9 months ago
Richard Rawling

Hi, i`m Richard, a Veterinarian from the UK. Hopefully I can help today.

Dog Veterinarian: Richard Rawling,
 replied 9 months ago

Has she shown any signs of vomiting or nausea? Is it just around the injection site she seems tender?