Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My Min-pin is still eating like always, but when she goes…

Customer Question
My Min-pin is still...

My Min-pin is still eating like always, but when she goes poop she yelps out, but her stool is not hard? I had her butt glands checked and they said they were ok and just gave her laxatives. But she is still yelping?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?

A dog miniture pincher, but she is over weight due to dry eye, and mostly blind.

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. What is the dog's name and age?

Frances, 10

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Frances?

I have taken her off of dog food and make her food. It is helping a little. Diet is made in the presure cooker boneless and skinless chicken breast, 16 beans, veggy pasta, carrots & peas, oatmeal.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
When they checked her last time they said her liver count was elevated and did give her some medication and her check up the doctor said just to keep her on the laxative's nothing is changing.
9/20/2017
Dog Veterinarian: jadedangel57, owner replied 8 months ago
jadedangel57

Hi JaCustomer,

Welcome to Just Answer. I'm so sorry that no other expert answered your question earlier. Your question just showed up on the list of unanswered questions that I have access to and I wanted to help. I hope you will rate my answer rather than the delay. My name is Jane. I have been involved professionally with dogs in the healthcare and behavioral fields for over 20 years. I’ve worked as a Vet Assistant and Behaviorist and have extensive experience in dog reproduction, as a breeder, for even longer than that.. Canine behavioral issues and training are also my specialties. It will be my pleasure to work with you today.

It is necessary for me to get a little information from you before I can type up your reply. Your patience is appreciated.

Was a digital rectal exam done to check for growths in the rectal area?

How much does she weight and about how much is she drinking?

How much overweight is she?

they checked her all out, and a few blood tests. She is worse when she eats dry dog food. She weighs 18lbs, but still runs around and plays in the house as long as we don't move any furniture around. Mostly blind. The food I make for her is very low in fat and she is always hungry.
I do think this is a question for a doctor.

I'll go ahead and opt out if you only want a vet.

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian