Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I have a 15 year old male Chihuahua who has slept in or on…

Customer Question
I have a 15...

I have a 15 year old male Chihuahua who has slept in or on my bed since he was a baby. Now all of a sudden, in the middle of the night he wants down and he goes into our family room to sleep. He's been acting somewhat different lately but I took him to his vet last weekend and she said he's doing well. He's eating (although he's getting more and more picky) and drinking ok. He does have heart disease and is on four medications. The only recent change I can think of is that he had fleas this year (the first year I can remember for a long long time) and I had to treat him with something my vet prescribed as well as spray the interior of my house. We left the house for several hours after and took him with us. I'd appreciate any ideas you have as to why he's making this sudden change. Thank you

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name?

Mitch

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Mitch?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/19/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 10 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

What 4 medications are currently being given?

When was bloodwork last performed? Do you have a copy to share?