Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My dog is continuously licking herself "down there" and

My dog is continuously licking...
My dog is continuously licking herself "down there" and seems to be experiencing a little leakage.
9/19/2017
Vet_Dr.Drea
Vet_Dr.Drea, Dog Veterinarian

Hello, as a licensed veterinarian I am happy to assist you. Has Sachi ever had any trouble urinating before?

No but I've noticed she's been needing to go more frequently

Ok, thank you, ***** ***** very useful information. The most likely cause of her signs is a urinary tract infection. Luckily, these are easily treated with antibiotics. I recommend taking her to a veterinarian so they can assess her and prescribe antibiotics. If you can, collecting a urine sample and bringing it with you may be very helpful.

OK that's what I was thinking it could be. Thank you.

You are very welcome! I hope all goes well and hopefully she'll be better very soon!

Best, ***** *****

Please remember to rate my answer as this is how I receive credit for my time and please do not hesitate to reach out with additional questions or concerns. Thank you!

Vet_Dr.Drea
Vet_Dr.Drea, Dog Veterinarian
Vet_Dr.Drea
Vet_Dr.Drea
Vet_Dr.Drea, Dog Veterinarian