Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog is continuously licking herself "down there" and

My dog is continuously licking...
My dog is continuously licking herself "down there" and seems to be experiencing a little leakage.
9/19/2017
Vet_Dr.Drea
Vet_Dr.Drea, Dog Veterinarian

Hello, as a licensed veterinarian I am happy to assist you. Has Sachi ever had any trouble urinating before?

No but I've noticed she's been needing to go more frequently

Ok, thank you, ***** ***** very useful information. The most likely cause of her signs is a urinary tract infection. Luckily, these are easily treated with antibiotics. I recommend taking her to a veterinarian so they can assess her and prescribe antibiotics. If you can, collecting a urine sample and bringing it with you may be very helpful.

OK that's what I was thinking it could be. Thank you.

You are very welcome! I hope all goes well and hopefully she'll be better very soon!

Best, ***** *****

Please remember to rate my answer as this is how I receive credit for my time and please do not hesitate to reach out with additional questions or concerns. Thank you!

Vet_Dr.Drea
Vet_Dr.Drea, Dog Veterinarian