Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

He's refusing food and water for two days following the cat…

Customer Question
He's refusing food...

He's refusing food and water for two days following the cat CT scan last week. They found a brain tumour I don't have affected his behaviour balance et cetera. He has diarrhoea I think it was a reaction to Matic have and was vomiting they gave an anti-emetic yesterday and said it would help him drink but he is not interested he is 14 years old Springer Spaniel otherwise in good health to all this I think I'm I have to act for him today but I just don't know what to do if you could recover I will stick it out but it's awful seeing you like this

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?

Not that I can think of it's the decision of whether or not to euthanise torturing me I know he won't have long with a brain tumour anyway and maybe it would be kinder to do it now before he the dehydrate

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/19/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 9 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

1) Has your vet recommended euthanasia at this time?

2) What were the original symptoms witnessed which resulted in the CT scan?

3) What medications specifically were given?

4) Any vomiting?