Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog has a puss bag between his front two legs from his…

Customer Question
My dog has a...

My dog has a puss bag between his front two legs from his chest what do I doo to get rid of it

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?

Zeus 8years and his a lab

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Zeus?

8 years

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
I been In the hospital and I had someone watching him and now when I came home I see this on him and its getting bigger
I cant do anything right now still recovering is there something I can do to get rid of it
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/19/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Denver ER Doc, Dog Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Denver ER Doc
Denver ER Doc, Dog Veterinarian

Hi there, sorry to hear about Zeus!! If he does indeed have an abscess between his forelimbs, it will need to be lanced (ruptured) and flushed out with antibiotic solution, and Zeus will likely need to be started on antibiotics and pain medications. If it is an abscess, it is not likely something you can manage at home.

There are other possibilities, such as a bit of swelling or a cyst. Your vet can likely differentiate for you and let you know whether or not it needs to be lanced. In the meantime, I would recommend warm-packing it if he will let you. This helps bring bloodflow to the area to help it heal. The easiest way to warm pack is to fill a sock with uncooked rice and warm it up in the microwave until it is warm, but comfortable on the inside of your forearm.

I hope that helps. Please let me know what other questions you have.

Dr. Paul

Hi there, checking back in to see if my reply made it through and to see if you need anything else?

Thanks,

Dr. Paul

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Denver ER Doc
Denver ER Doc
Denver ER Doc
Denver ER Doc, Dog Veterinarian