Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My friend has a 6 month old yorky-poo with a slight/mild…

Customer Question
My friend has a...

My friend has a 6 month old yorky-poo with a slight/mild cough that lasts for a few minutes after awaking in the morning. What are the possible causes?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?

Yorkshire-poodle hybrid I understand

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. Coughing can be worrying. The Expert will know what you should do. What is the poodle's name?

Bon-bon

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the poodle?

She's been checked for heart worm and been on a 2-wk antibiotic course. I don't know additional facts so probably should recommend owner get in contact with you

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/19/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Ann M., Dog Veterinarian replied 9 months ago
Dr. Ann M.
Dr. Ann M., Dog Veterinarian

Hi there and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed, internship-trained veterinarian with 11 years experience in general medicine and emergency and critical care medicine and I would be happy to assist you. Please be patient as there may be slight delays in responses as I research your pet's issue and as I am typing out a response.

How long has the cough been going on?

Which antibiotic?

Are you there?