Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Severe allergy to flea bites. theyve been through 2 cycles…

Customer Question
Severe allergy to flea...

Severe allergy to flea bites. theyve been through 2 cycles of prednisone already. once theyre finished with the prescription, the rashes and everything that comes along with severe itching returns. i give them benedryl daily for the itching, but that doesnt even seem to do the trick anymore

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name and age?

I was wondering the dosage requirements for vistaril

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?

My dogs names are***** and Sissy. Hunter is pit/boxer mix approximately 6 years old 80lbs and is on a daily medication for hypothyroidism. Daisy is approximately 4 years old and Sissy 2 years. Their breed is unknown and neither one has anyother medical issues

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Daisy is 55lbs and sissy 48lbs

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/19/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Andy, Medical Director replied 11 months ago
Dr. Andy, Medical Director

Welcome! My name is***** am a 2003 UC Davis graduate and practice owner. Please reply with a hello so I know we are connected.