Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I'm not positive, but i, I think she may have swallowed

Customer Question
I'm not positive, but...

I'm not positive, but i

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the dog?

I think she may have swallowed something she shouldn't. it may be still lodged in her throat. she can breathe fine and she can eat.but I sometimes notice it looks hard for her to swallow

Veterinarian's Assistant: The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?

Her name is ***** ***** she is 8 mos old and she's a yorkie

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Princess?

Yes, she is impossible with food. I got her when she was 4 mos. Since I got her I have bought all kind of dry food and she doesn't like any of it. she will starve herself first. So I spoiled her with giving her people food. I'm not sure how to get her to eat her own food . I have tried mixing with wet food and she still wont eat it . Then tried wet food alone, and she ate it for about 2 weeks then suddenly refused it. I give her cut up raw carrots for snack and also blueberries. but she needs meals.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/18/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 8 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you tell me more about what symptoms you see with the swallowing? Do you see gagging?

Any vomiting or diarrhea?

What do you believe she may have consumed?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian