Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

The puppy has what looks like puncture wounds, hes only 12…

Customer Question
The puppy has what...

The puppy has what looks like puncture wounds, hes only 12 weeks old and always on my supervision. When we took him to the vet they said possibly valley fever but the symptoms are far different. I'm confused on what to do? No one is helping :( Thank you so much!

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Is the dog bleeding a lot?

Yes the wounds are about the size of a quarter and they are bleeding.

Veterinarian's Assistant: The Expert will know what to do about this bleeding. I'll connect you ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?

Rectum, back, stomach and legs.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
They said it could be puppy strangles?
9/18/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 8 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you share pictures of what you're seeing?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian