Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My boxer just got home from the vet from surgery because she…

Customer Question
My boxer just got...

My boxer just got home from the vet from surgery because she ate some fabric and now my babies onesie is gone. should i Somme she ate it and if so is there anything i can do to maybe try and get her to through it up because we cant afford to pay for another surgery

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if your boxer will be able to digest that. What is the boxer's name and age?

Lily 3 years old. it was a long sleeve cotton 3 month old onesie. im worried because i think this is bigger than what she ate last time.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your boxer?

What she ate before i think was my under wear that was lacey. I cant think of anything else

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/18/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Denver ER Doc, Dog Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Denver ER Doc
Denver ER Doc, Dog Veterinarian

Hi there, so sorry to hear about Lily!! My name is***** and I am happy to try to help.

If you have a high level of suspicion that she ate the onesie, you need to get her to a vet ER and have them induce vomiting. If they can recover the onesie, you don't have to worry about another surgery. They may be able to snap a quick x-ray first, to see if it looks like the onesie is in her stomach.

Unfortunately, there are no safe methods of inducing vomiting at home, so it would not be ethical of me to recommend trying this.

I hope that answers your question. Please let me know if you have any follow-on questions or concerns.

Thanks,

Dr. Paul

I am a bit new getting back to this program. Did my reply make it through to you?

Dr. Paul

Hi there, checking back in to see if my reply made it through and to see if you need anything else?

Thanks,

Dr. Paul

Denver ER Doc
Denver ER Doc
Denver ER Doc, Dog Veterinarian