Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Our dog is 14!/2 yrs old and very much loved She has

Customer Question
Our dog is 14!/2...

Our dog is 14!/2 yrs old and very much loved She has cushings disease and diabetes has lost a lot of hair and her stomach is dropping .In your opinion are we just trying to keep her alive for our sake or should we now start trying to treat her for the cushings. We have been giving her insulin needles for diabetes for about 2 weeks. Thank you Denise Williams

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help with the diabetes. What is the dog's name?

Her name is ***** ***** we are very emotional about having to put her down

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Abby?

No but he wants to try to treat the cushings with a syrup as she wont take tablets and also s he has lost a lot of her teeth

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/18/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Alleyne, Dog Veterinarian replied 11 months ago
Dr. Alleyne
Dr. Alleyne, Dog Veterinarian

Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian with over 9 years of experience. I am hoping to help you with your pet today. Since I can’t physically exam your pet, I may need to respond with several follow up questions so I can best help you. Remember there is no limit on how many questions you can ask to in order to clarify any information I have provided regarding your pet. I just have a few initial questions to ask to gather some more information if you don’t mind? How much insulin are you giving Abby? Does she seem to be responding to the insulin?

Looks like you are not currently online to respond. I am about to log off but if you come back online to respond I will be happy to respond to you whenever I log back in. Thank you