Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My pug got a very high fever after taking Wal Daryl and

My pug got a...

My pug got a very high fever after taking Wal Daryl and passed away. I was wondering if it was the cause.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?

Louie 12

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Louie?

He had a collapse tray for the past 5 years

9/18/2017
Dr. Denise
Dr. Denise, Dog Veterinarian

Hi. I’m Dr. Denise, a licensed veterinarian. I’d like to help with your concerns regarding Louie.

I'm so sorry to hear about the passing of Louie.

How long ago did he pass?

Just to make sure I'm understanding you correctly, the medication was Wal-dryl? As in, a generic Benadryl?

Last Friday. Yes.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Wal-dryl (Benadryl) is an antihistamine which (I'm sure you know) is given to reduce allergic inflammation and itching.

I've researched the side effects of the medication and fever is not listed. I think it is very unlikely that the Wal-dryl was the cause of Louie passing.

Again, my sincere condolences.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. I am here to answer all the questions you have. If you have no other questions, I would greatly appreciate your positive review (5 stars). Your review helps connect Experts with other customers so your input is highly appreciated, and it is the only way that I am compensated. Thank you!

Dr. Denise
Dr. Denise, Dog Veterinarian

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Denise Cudiamat
Dr. Denise
Dr. Denise
Dr. Denise, Dog Veterinarian