Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I'm looking at a prior conversation regarding a dog chewing…

Customer Question
I'm looking at a...

I'm looking at a prior conversation regarding a dog chewing up an air-activated heating pad (generic version of ThermaCare heat pad). The pad in question is roughly ten inches by three inches. We see a small quantity of black powder (which I presume to be the Iron Oxide) around the place where the pad was chewed (and in the carpet, which I prefer over "in the dog"). We have two dogs, and don't know which chewed this. Neither shows any signs of gastric discomfort or vomiting at this time.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?

Only unusual thing today would have been the heating pad.

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Two dogs--Wilbur and Orville. Not sure which one chewed on this pad.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?

Both dogs recently had what appears to have been a strain of Kennel Cough not yet covered in the usual vaccines. Both have been vaccinated against the Dog Flu virus--boosters were done in late July.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Since this is a query about possible poisoning, I think I need a faster answer than I'm getting.Please refund any charges against my card.
9/18/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Denver ER Doc, Dog Veterinarian replied 11 months ago
Denver ER Doc
Denver ER Doc, Dog Veterinarian

Hi there, apologies for the delay. Are you still looking for an answer, or have you processed a reversal of transaction?

Thanks,

Dr. Paul