Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

She cut her left hind paw(paw board) and is bleeding a lot,

She cut her left...

She cut her left hind paw(paw board) and is bleeding a lot

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know what to do about this bleeding. I'll connect you ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the hind?

We have been wrapping it and trying to put pressure on it to stop bleeding but it won't work .we can not afford to take her to the er

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
9/18/2017
Denver ER Doc
Denver ER Doc, Dog Veterinarian

Hi there, sorry to hear about your dog.

Where is the cut? I understand you can't afford to take her to the ER, but if the cut is bleeding that badly, it is going to need to be sewn up one way or the other, whether at your regular vet tomorrow or the ER tonight.

To stop the bleeding, you can try packing the wound with corn starch or flour, then keeping a pressure dressing on it. Apply the flour or corn starch, then keep pressure on it for as long as needed. Wrap it securely, but be sure not to make it so tight as to cut off circulation.

Try to find a lower cost clinic in your area that will be able to sew her up tomorrow.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Dr. Paul

Denver ER Doc
Denver ER Doc, Dog Veterinarian