Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

He will not eat his kibble anymore. Now cooking chicken

breast/thighs(all boned & skinned) he...
He will not eat his kibble anymore. Now cooking chicken breast/thighs(all boned & skinned) he won't eat this either
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Marzo & a year & 6 months. He is a double-Doodle bred.
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Marzo is his name
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Marzo?
Customer: I have taken him to vet several times. They usually prescrib meds but I am not crazy about this. He is very energetic & of course loveable
9/17/2017
Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian

Hi this is DRB and I would be happy to help you with this....Your dog needs the following testing done with the symptoms you have described:

more-coming.......

ask your vet to do a CBC,chem panel,electrolytes, UA,4dx and a cortisol....I have seen many dogs this age pop up with Addison's disease even at a very early age.....with a poor appetite this is one of the first diseases to be checked for but it gets forgotten not infrequently.....this panel of tests would rule out 95% of everything that would cause a poor appetite in a young dog.

Let me know if I can be of additional assistance.....Sincerely, DRB

If you do not have any other questions please rate me as this is how I make money to support my family. Please give me a positive rating as that is the only way I am compensated. A positive rating will not close this question and I am more than happy to answer any follow up questions that you have. ( You can rate me at top right of page).

Please remember my answers do not replace or supersede the advice of your veterinarian as my answers do not create a valid client patient relationship as I am unable to examine your pet. Thank you very much! DrB

Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian
Thank you very much. Your diagnosis makes sense. What medications would be prescribed?

Well, it depends on the type of addisons disease....(if that is what it is): may be just steroids but might have to also be a mineralocorticoid.....

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr B
Dr B
Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian