Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Have an elderly German wire hair that had several severe…

Customer Question
Have an elderly German...

Have an elderly German wire hair that had several severe seizures during the night

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?

Dog German wire haired pointer

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. Seizures always look scary. Let's get you talking to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name and age?

Heather 15 years old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Heather?

Had spleen removed 5 years ago due to infection. Today she is very unstable on legs, once she falls asleep it's hard to wake her up

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/17/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I AM NOT SET UP TO MAKE PHONE CALLS AND DO NOT SEND THE REQUESTS, BUT I WOULD BE HAPPY TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS YOU HAVE ONLINE. In order to give an informative and concise answer, it may take a few minutes before I respond back to you, so don't be alarmed if you don't hear back immediately. If you have not responded back in 10 minutes, it may be a longer before I can get back to you. I do have a couple more questions, though, to see if I can better assess your situation.

Is this the first time you have seen her have seizures?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian