Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Our 4 yo boxer got into the trash Friday and ate used

Customer Question
tampons and pads. He has...
Our 4 yo boxer got into the trash Friday and ate used tampons and pads. He has been passing in his poop but vomited some today. His belly is not distended and he has been drinking water. Gums are light pink (usual color). Does not appear uncomfortable. We are not sure how many he ingested. He has vomited a total of 3 times since Friday. Once yesterday (food), twice today.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if the Boxer will be able to digest that. What is the Boxer's name and age?
Customer: Cooper 4 yo
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the Boxer?
Customer: No
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/17/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Sally G., Dog Training Consultant replied 2 months ago
Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant

Hello and thank you for using this site to help you. I am very sorry your question was not picked up sooner.

At this time I would be concerned that there is a blockage as these items have a tendency to swell when liquid hits them. Symptoms of a blockage are, vomiting, lack of appetite ( or vomiting after they eat) diarrhea or change in stool habits, and lethargy.

I would advise that you see your Vet as this would require surgery.

Here is more on obstruction of the bowel which goes over symtoms and treatments. http://www.petplace.com/dogs/gastric-stomach-foreign-body-in- dogs/page1.aspx

Sally G.
Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant