Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

She's a 15 year old bassett wo seems to have lost all

Customer Question
She's a 15 year...

She's a 15 year old bassett wo seems to have lost all interest in eating. i tried everything, grilled chicken, boiled, chicken, even a hamburger. we've tried different dog food but the last 2 days she hasn't eaten. but will drink water. tonight i bought her puried pumpkin she woildn't even lick it.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?

Daisy

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Daisy?

She does have an ear infection but we have medicine for that. but she been some what eating but stopped the last couple of days

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/17/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

Any retching, gagging, lip licking, drooling, or vomiting?

Are her gums pink or white/pale? Moist or sticky?

Any change to her breathing?

If you press on her belly, any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?

Could he have eaten anything harmful (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, human meds, etc)?

What medication is she on for her ears? Is it oral or intra-ear treatment?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian