Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

We have a male Labrador who is tearing from his eyes &

Customer Question
We have a male...

We have a male Labrador who is tearing from his eyes & listless, he is usually very active but now he looks sleepy and does not want to do much. We noticed his behaviour has changed, since we took him into a Pet-Barn dog wash on Friday & he liked it, this was the first time that we took him into this place & that was the only thing different that we have done. He eats & drinks well, but now he looks a bit off. We keep him in our yard only & he has no other dogs that he mixes with.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the Labrador. What is the Labrador's name and age?

Lucky & he is 10 year & 7 months old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Lucky?

He is very healthy & has had a yearly vaccination & the vet is pleased with his health, he 33kgs in weight.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/17/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

How long has he had these signs?

Any coughing or sneezing?

Are his gums pink or pale/white?

Any discharge from this eye? What color?

Any changes to the eyeball (ie clouding, hazing, ulcers, scratches, redness, etc)?

Can you take a photo so I can see what you are seeing? To post it, you can use the paper clip button on the tool bar above the text box (last icon). Or if you cannot see that, then post it on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr Instagram, etc) & paste the link here for me.

Lucky is a little more active, when I played with a Tennis-ball, but he did not run after it with vigour like he usually does when I throw a ball & play catch, just to see if will run after a ball. His eyes are still watery & the discharge is clear & eyes are good, his gums & tongue is nice pink colour, he eats & drinks well, also his poo is normal & not runny. He is still lethargic & just lays around on his dog-bed or floor & just started to bark this morning.
Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian