Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My poodle is taking predosoina drug tablet for a week and a…

Customer Question
My poodle is taking...

My poodle is taking predosoina drug tablet for a week and a half. She is 3 years old and seems to be laying around and i was wondering if she is constipated, i did not see her go today. .

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help your dog. What is the dog's name?

Miss Brezzy

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your dog?

Her mother (my wife) has COPD and has not been home to be with her for three weeks. I have been taking her to see each other . She will not eat anything including a pill pocket with the prednisona.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/17/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 11 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

How long has she been showing signs? What is she being treated for?

Is she straining to pass stool?

If you press on her belly, any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?

Any appetite loss, gagging, lip licking, drooling, or vomiting?

Are her gums pink or white/pale? Moist or sticky?

Could she have eaten anything harmful (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, human meds, etc)?