Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Our neighbor dogs ears-a bad odor and alot of stuff comes…

Customer Question
Our neighbor dogs ears-a...

Our neighbor dogs ears-a bad odor and alot of stuff comes out of them-not sure what is used for treatment-she squeezes alot of stuff out. also he sounds like there is alot of congestion and mucus in his throat when he's breathing or barking. he sounds like he is possesed. mostly wanting to know if could be contiegus?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?

His name is ***** ***** 8 or 9 yrs. he is either golden ret or yellow lab. rather a large dog.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Huggy-he?

He has very droopy bottom eye lids and they are very red.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/16/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr G, Dog Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr G
Dr G, Dog Veterinarian

Hi there,

I'm Dr G and I would like to help you figure out what is going on with Huggy. Are you concerned about it being contagious to you or to your dog or other pet?

Also, has he always sounded congested or is this something new? Any coughing?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian