Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Dog had 2 raw bones Friday afternoon,wouldn't eat that

Customer Question
Dog had 2 raw...

Dog had 2 raw bones Friday afternoon,wouldn't eat that night.Vomited on Saturday am and was happy to eat bones again in the pm.Wouldn't eat again Saturday night and threw up during the night.Now she has bloody diarrhoea and still won't eat

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?

No.Had a normal dinner Thursday night and then nothing until the bones on Friday afternoon

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name and age?

Her name is ***** ***** she's 3

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Faith?

I've only had her for 8 months, she's not a very active dog- she's a Groodle

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/17/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 5 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

What does her vomit look like?

How much blood are you seeing (spoonful, more or less)?

Any black stool or straining with this?

Can she keep water down?

Are her gums pink or white/pale? Moist or sticky?

If you press on her belly, any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?

Its OK I got worried and took her to the vet.She has Hemorrhagic Gastroenteritis and is now on a drip for 3 days with antibiotics and nausea medicine

Good afternoon,

No worries, I am glad Faith has been seen and is being treated for that HGE.

Since we were not able to aid you when you posted, I will send your question back to customer service just now.

Best wishes,

Dr. B.

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian