Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog seems to be hyper sensitive and fearful of sounds…

Customer Question
My dog seems to...

My dog seems to be hyper sensitive and fearful of sounds inside the house. He got Trifexis on 1 Sep and seemed fine 3 days ago. In addition I suspect mice in the house and have pet/kid safe Tomcat poison containers, but haven't replaced them for abt 6 mos. Do you have any idea what I should do?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Did you see what your dog ate?

I feed him combo of hard and soft Pedigree. Same as before. I did note when I was out the bathroom rugs were disrupted. I think he was chasing something

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your dog?

No he was checked out by a vet last mo and was fine

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/17/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Sally G., Dog Training Consultant replied 11 months ago
Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I have been in the dog field for 25 years. I am a Therapy Dog & AKC Evaluator/trainer/ as well as an assistance/service dog trainer, specializing in behavior. It will be my pleasure to help you today. It may take a few minutes for me to type a personal response or type questions regarding your situation. Your patience is very much appreciated.

Can you describe what he is doing in the home?

Is there a particular time of day he acts like this?

What noises is he fearful of?