Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

She is a2lb Chihuahua she has been excitable barking and…

Customer Question
She is a2lb...

She is a2lb Chihuahua she has been excitable barking and threw up several hours ago . We gave 1/4 tab of a 0.5 Clonazepam and she won't sleep and is stumbling, but her tail is wagging

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?

She had bowel is like constipation and blackish brown stools for years now,

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/16/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

What color is her vomit?

Was it before or after you gave her Clonazepam?

Can she keep water down?

Are her gums pink or white/pale? Moist or sticky?

If you press on her belly, any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?

Could she have eaten anything harmful (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, human meds, etc)?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian