Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I think my French bulldog ate my boxers thyro-tabs med. .7…

Customer Question
I think my French...

I think my French bulldog ate my boxers thyro-tabs med. .7 mg. I'm not positive. I wasn't looking when the boxer was eating but my Frenchies was cleaning the dish

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if your French bulldog will be able to digest that. What is the French bulldog's name and age?

Phoebe age 9

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Phoebe?

Not that I know of

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/16/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but I wanted to touch base with you.

This medication has a large safe dosing range, so if she had this and weighs more than 3.5 kg then its not even an overdose. That sais, if Phoebe is less than that the overdose is only small and agitation +/- GI upset would be all we'd expect to see. So, you need only keep an eye on her for today and if she has any GI upset you can consider offering a light diet option. Examples of an easily digestible diet include cooked white rice with boiled chicken, boiled white fish, scrambled egg, or meat baby food (as long as its free from garlic or onion powder). Ideally, we want to offer this as small frequent meals to keep the stomach settled. But otherwise we'd expect no harm here.

Kind regards,

Dr. B.

******************************************************************************

I aim to provide best care for you just as I do for my own clients & their pets. If you have any other questions, please ask – I’m happy to help but please rate me with the **STARS** (or leave a written rating of 1-5; 5 being great) as this is the only way I am credited for my work by the site & this allows me to continue to help here. This is included in your question fee. Once you rate, your question will not close & you can still ask follow-up questions. Thank you. : )**

Dr. B.
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian