Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

The little dog got in a fight with another little dog and…

Customer Question
The little dog got...

The little dog got in a fight with another little dog and has a cut on the eye lid ?! How do we care for her ?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Is the dog bleeding a lot?

No bleeding just swelling up .

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name and age?

Lusie and I think she's about 4 years old .. she was a rescue dog

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Lusie?

No she's really healthy and if anything a little over weights:)

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/16/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Scott Perry, Dog Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Scott Perry
Scott Perry, Dog Veterinarian

Hello. My name is***** and I am a veterinarian that can answer your question. I understand Lusie has a cut on her eyelid. I would love to see what this cut looks like in effort to guide you correctly. You can post a picture of it by clicking on the paperclip icon on the toolbar. If that is not possible for you, then I can do my best to answer your question based on your description. Some of these eyelid lacerations require surgery in order to heal correctly. Would you say this cut goes all the way through the skin of the eyelid or just partially?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian