Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Just noticed this afternoon that my Beagle's right eye is…

Customer Question
Just noticed this afternoon...

Just noticed this afternoon that my Beagle's right eye is slightly closed and appears to be a bit lazy. Doesn't seem to be in any pain at all and isn't rubbing it. What could be the cause?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the beagle's name and age?

Brodie and he is 9 1/2 years old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Brodie?

No. He lives in the house and is with a family member all the time. No other health issues.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/16/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

Any discharge from this eye? What color?

Any changes to the eyeball (ie clouding, hazing, ulcers, scratches, redness, etc)?

Can you take a photo of this to let me see what you are seeing? To post a photo, you can use the paper clip button on the tool bar above the text box. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, then you can post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web link here for me to have a peek.

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian