Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog is shaking and nose is dry and cold and so are his…

Customer Question
My dog is shaking...

My dog is shaking and nose is dry and cold and so are his ears he doesn't want to move or even eat and has been choking sound and coughing all night

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Coughing can be worrying. The Expert will know what you should do. How old is Shaking?

My dog is 2 yrs old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Shaking?

No and why would my dog stomach feel hard

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/16/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

Any retching, gagging, lip licking, drooling, or vomiting?

Are his gums pink or white/pale? Moist or sticky?

If you press on his belly, any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?

Can you take a breathing rate for me (just count his breaths for 10 seconds + multiply by 6)?

Could he have eaten anything harmful (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, human meds, etc)?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian