Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My 11 year old yoirkie had had severe seizure last Saturday.

Customer Question
My 11 year old...

My 11 year old yoirkie had had severe seizure last Saturday. now she is still a little out of it on seizure meds she was doing ok but now her eye is swollen leaky half shut and cloudy. The pupil in that eye also does not dialate from dark to bright just stays the same

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Seizures always look scary. Let's get you talking to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name?

Sophie I thinkI better take her back to vet to get checked out eye thing just happened yesterday

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Sophie?

No she just woke up yesterday with bad eye. I was ok when we went for follow up with vet on tuesday

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/15/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 8 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you share pictures of what you're seeing?

When did this develop?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian