Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog was fine this morning and now a few hours later she…

Customer Question
My dog was fine...

My dog was fine this morning and now a few hours later she suddenly can't stand on her hind legs. She's only 2

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?

Luna

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Luna?

I have her mom dad and 7 sisters n brothers. I kept them all when I found out my dog was pregnant. All my dogs have been sick on and off with g.I. issues like bloody diarrea and vomiting and I gone to the vet several times in the last month. All the tests come out negative over n over again and they've been on metronidazole because the vet thinks it's some kind of virus or bacterial infection. Even my cats got sick so I don't know what's going on but Luna was in a separate room for the last 2 and a half days cause she had some diarrhea and I didn't want it to spread so she's been in a crate most of the time. She's gotten better, this morning I walked her n everything was fine until an hour ago when I brought her out to be with everyone else, all of the sudden she can't stand on her back legs. I fed her and she did stand and walk around a couple minutes to come get some food but then she put her bottom down and she won't stand

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/15/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 11 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

What breed of dog is she?

Can you share video of what you're seeing?