Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I have a little of nine 6 week old american staffys and

Customer Question
Hi i have a...

Hi i have a little of nine 6 week old american staffys and today there was about three runny poos which i cleaned upnstraight away but as its got later there is more and more and iv sat and watched them and they are all farting and runny pooing two have even thrown up but then the one that threw then ate the sick amd so did other puppies like it was yum im worried. i did give them some puppie mince two days ago which i have not given them before could that be the problem or maybe the canned puppie food

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?

4 out of the 9 had thier vaccinations yesterday but its not just the four that have the runny food so dont think that could be the cause

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/15/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I am not set up to do phone calls but would be happy to answer any questions you do have online. It is possible that it could be the change in diet, but with puppies, I would be concerned about intestinal parasites or possible beginning of parvo as well. I would be a very good idea to bring a couple of the pups to the vet to get a fecal exam and parvo test ran. If all negative, they can treat with something like metronidazole, which should help if it is just dietary related. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Hope this helps.

My goal is to make sure that you get all your question answered and all the information you need. IF YOU ARE SATISFIED WITH MY ANSWER, PLEASE RATE IT. Rating it is the only way I get compensated for helping you, and we can still continue our conversation after rating. If you feel like it is not helpful to you, or if there is more information you need, please respond back to me before rating. Asking more specific questions usually helps a lot. Realize that our conversation is not intended to diagnose or treat a condition. There has to be a valid veterinary-client-patient relationship established with an exam, according to law. You should always follow up with your vet.

Hello. I was just following up to see how your pups were doing and to see if you have any other questions.

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian