Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog has a large colored nodule and when pressed, pus came…

Customer Question
Hi My dog has a...
Hi My dog has a large gray colored nodule and when pressed, pus came out. Pus came out from multiple openings from the same bump. And then I left it be for a couple of weeks and the same bump is still there grown again and filled with pus. She has two on her body.
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Help, what is going on and how should I treat and help my dog?
9/15/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 11 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Can you upload a photo(s) of this nodule(s) to our conversation? You can upload photos by using the paperclip or add file icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see those icons on your particular device) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/

I can be more accurate for you if I can see what you're seeing.

Thank you. Give me a moment to take a look, please...

When "grey" it appeared to be a benign neoplasm (growth, tumor) but after your draining it it appears to be quite angry. Because you're seeing pus it's infected and the most expedient manner in which to resolve an infected growth is to remove it en bloc - the entire growth with margins of healthy skin. Please continue our conversation if you wish.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?