Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My maltipo has an infected anal gland. He received an

Customer Question
My maltipo has an...

My maltipo has an infected anal gland. He received an antibiotic shot but no continuation of antibiotics. Shouldn't he be getting additional antibiotics?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infections the dog can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the dog's name and age?

Dogs name is ***** ***** he is a maltipo and is 8 years old.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Wooley?

He is also being treated with Apoquel which I think is for allergies, as he is chewing on his feet and inner thighs.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/15/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Joan, Vet Tech replied 9 months ago
Joan
Joan, Vet Tech

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 35+ years. I am so sorry Wooley has you concerned.

Do you know what Antibiotic injection was given?

Joan

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian