Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My 15 year old shih tzu has had two seizures in 10 days.

Customer Question
My 15 year old...

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Seizures always look scary. Let's get you talking to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name?

Nelly

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Nelly?

On Labor Day she was having a hard time breathing. Took her to ER, they put her in oxygen chamber, ran tests, blood work was good but her heart was slightly enlarged. Gave us three medications and she seemed better. Not eating too much and had the second seizure this morning

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/15/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Alleyne, Dog Veterinarian replied 11 months ago
Dr. Alleyne
Dr. Alleyne, Dog Veterinarian

Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian with over 9 years of experience. I am hoping to help you with your pet today. Since I can’t physically exam your pet, I may need to respond with several follow up questions so I can best help you. Remember there is no limit on how many questions you can ask to in order to clarify any information I have provided regarding your pet. I just have a few initial questions to ask to gather some more information if you don’t mind? Were these episodes the first time she had seizures? What medications is she on now?

Looks like you are not currently online to respond. I am about to log off but if you come back online to respond I will be happy to respond to you whenever I log back in. Thank you