Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My 35 pound Bernese Collie mix 6 month, had his dew claws…

Customer Question
My 35 pound Bernese...

My 35 pound Bernese Collie mix 6 month

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the dog?

Had his dew claws removed and he keeps licking and ate the bandages I had on them 9 days ago and they are still bleeding

Veterinarian's Assistant: The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?

Chief

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Chief?

He was neutered at the same time and still has the collar on but can reach his hind legs

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/15/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr B, Veterinarian replied 9 months ago
Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian

HI this is DRB and I would be happy to help you.....

So.......you need a longer e collar for your dog...

It typically takes about 14-21 days for these to get to a point where they no longer bother a dog....

That I figured I will get tomorrow but I'm concerned about the bandages he ate they were the self adhesive ace bandages about 1 inch by 6 inches long and some gauze.

Ok, so you mean he actually consumed them?

ok, wow.......so you are going to need to take your dog to the ER now.......they hopefully can induce vomiting and get these out because this can cause an obstruction in the GI tract.....

Ok thank you

sure thing....

If you do not have any other questions please rate me as this is how I make money to support my family. Please give me a positive rating as that is the only way I am compensated. A positive rating will not close this question and I am more than happy to answer any follow up questions that you have. ( You can rate me at top right of page).

Please remember my answers do not replace or supersede the advice of your veterinarian as my answers do not create a valid client patient relationship as I am unable to examine your pet. Thank you very much! DrB

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr B