Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My 5mth old puppy keeps getting very sick. Every two or

Customer Question
My 5mth old puppy...

My 5mth old puppy keeps getting very sick. Every two or three weeks, she has severe diarrhea and then vomiting. The vet can't find the cause.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the puppy eat anything unusual?

No. This is chronic and the episodes are coming closer together. The vet has.changed her diet, but.that isnt working

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. The Expert will know what to do. What is the puppy's name?

Baylee

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Baylee?

Shelter dog. We got her at 3months, and this the 5th major episode since we got her.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/14/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 8 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Have there been any changes to the diet? New food? New treats? Bones? Has any human food been fed? Torn up toys or trash? Stressful changes to the environment?

What diagnostics have been performed thus far by your vet?

The vet is now testing her for addisons. What will that mean for long term care?

Can you provide me with additional information?

What diagnostics are being performed currently?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian