Richard Rawling
Richard Rawling,
Experience:  Veterinary Surgeon at Tameside Veterinary Clinic
97222438

I'm hoping u can help me

Customer Question

I'm hoping u can help me
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
When she ready to eat she focuses normally...she has no problem moving from one end to the other in the whelping box
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Richard Rawling replied 1 month ago.

Hi, i`m Richard, a Veterinarian from the UK. Hopefully I can help today.

Does she only show these signs after she eats? Does she seem smaller than you would expect? Is she growing well?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
More so after she eats. Yes. She is the only female in this litter. She is smaller. None of the other males are displaying the same. She flops to one side or the other but she uses her feet to move back over. She seems to favor the left side head tilt but straightens out to find bottle.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
She loves sleeping on her back. From birth we have always noticed upon eating she limp till u wake her up

These signs are concerning as they can be associated with a liver issue called a portal-systemic shunt.

This is a problem where her blood supply has a bypass of her liver, leading to increase in toxins after she eats as the liver is not having a sufficient detoxing effect. It can progress and lead to serious neurological issues and seizures. If the diagnosis is confirmed, it may be corrected surgically. however, it can require specialized ultrasound scans to diagnose.

There are measures you can take at home to try and lessen the signs. Administering antibiotics along with liquid paraffin can be helpful in managing these signs as they are growing, however I would be keen to have her assessed by a vet as catching this problem early on, often gives a better outlook.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
We are on our way to the vets now. Now that I have exhausted this Avenue with you is this a one time fee or do I need a number to cancel future withdraws?

This is a one time fee, you should not receive any future charges.

I hope you have found this advice useful and please don`t hesitate to ask if you have any further questions.
If you are happy with the advice offered please don`t forget to rate me as this is the only way the website has of providing me with feedback.
If you don`t click the stars, the website does not acknowledge me for the time I spend helping here!
Thankyou so much,

Hi Missy,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Willow. How is everything going?

Richard Rawling