Richard Rawling
Richard Rawling,
Experience:  Veterinary Surgeon at Tameside Veterinary Clinic
97222438

He is 10 yrs old, has had some hip & joint problems, so

Customer Question

he is 10 yrs old, has had some hip & joint problems, so giving him halt a little pocket of
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the dog?
Customer: liLicks mobility & immunity for elder dogs as he seemed to be moaning just a little I thought he might be in pain so bought some dog aspirin...giving him half a yablet with his food......we take him for short walks...all prescribed by the vet...he is staying with me while my son is on vacation....yesterday he wasnt eating... (he prbably had eaten too much thst fay)..i was concerned he needed medicine so gave him his doseage with aspirin...mixed with a little organic honey for taste with my finger...he gageed then threw up only once a handful of extremely thick beige colored mucus...at first I thought it was a worm...but not it was long and almost as thick as my little finger....he slept better last nigh...No noise breathing...no moaning...but, there is also a 2nd dig younger...he robs 1st dogs foid...am concerned if what older dog has is contagious...
JA: This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: no...they live in Washington state...where there are a kot of wild fires...now in colorado higher altirude...the younger dog is fine...the older dog is now perkier...only vomited tbat one time...apetite is back...just thought I'd check with you about the mucus...i was curious...
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Richard Rawling replied 1 month ago.

Hi, i`m Richard, a Veterinarian from the UK. Hopefully I can help today.

It sounds like he may have eaten something which just has not agreed with his digestive system and his stomach has now expelled it. Sometimes clumps of hair can appear like a long slimy cylinder. If he is showing no further signs, it is unlikely to be a serious issue. There are no worms that tend to grow as fat as you are describing, it is more likely some foreign material he has eaten and it is better out than in.

Hi Alma,

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Richard Rawling