Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I have a 13 year old dog who pees on the floor 4 times one

Customer Question

I have a 13 year old dog who pees on the floor 4 times one day & none the next!! There is red in the blood & our vet says it is protein, what is that & what can we do about it. We have gone through PPA 25mg, An-on 100mg, Clavamox. Naturals I have done cranberry tablets & caneva, can you help me, she does not cry, looks totally healthy. If told she goes outside & pees in the yard. She sometimes just lays & pees wherever she is a when sleeping, not when awake. She is a bishon , is a larger one & weighs about 20 lbs. which is about right for her size. We feed her Blue Diamond with no by-products, she has been on this for 10 years. I believe the protein count is 16%. I so pray you can give us some help because our vet does not seem to be hitting it!!! It would break our hearts to put down a healthy looking dog but we cannot continue these accidents much longer. Thank you for any help you could give us, DESPERATE in Kansas!!!
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Miley
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Miley?
Customer: There has been 2 visits, blood work, & this all he tells us. What is lethargy & do we have options?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Richard Rawling replied 1 month ago.

Hi, i`m Richard, a Veterinarian from the UK. Hopefully I can help today.

Does she seem aware of it? Does she have accidents in her bed? Wet patches where she has been laid down?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No when she wets she does not seem aware, yes we have not let her sleep on the bed for about 4 weeks now. Yes not always but wet patches where she lays is about 1 out of 5. I do not understand the urine is red about 40% of time. Our vet tells us it is protein. Just read we need to give her senior formula food, would that stop this??
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Please call(###) ###-####instead if it is not a text, thank you!!

I`m afraid I am unable to offer a live phone call from the UK, but I am happy to continue here. if you would prefer, I can opt out and one of the other vets may be able to offer this service?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
just opt me out & refund my money, THANKS

Ive referred you to customer services