Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog doesn't seem to wake up - but his eyes are open and

Customer Question

My dog doesn't seem to wake up - but his eyes are open and he jerks to noise or just seems to jerk - similar to a seizure but not constant. He was sleeping and I had to move him and this happened. He's now just laying on the bed but if I pick him up he starts jerking again
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Seizures always look scary. Let's get you talking to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: We found this dog about a month ago - we call him buddy - we've been searching for his owner for a month. He's a yorkie - prob mixed with shitzu Now I'm thinking he may have been dropped in this neighborhood due to this condition. We've done EVERYTHING possible to find the owner.
JA: How old is Buddy?
Customer: We are guessing 1-2 years
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Buddy?
Customer: Super playful - this is the first time an issue has come up
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 month ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you share video of what you're seeing?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok - right now he appears to be sleeping but when I try to rouse him, he starts twitching and won't wake up or respknd

Can you share a video of what you're witnessing so that I may also see what's going on?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm trying but he won't wake up

That's what I am wanting to see.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I got him up and he just vomited rwice
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The file won't load. We are going to the animal emergency

Let me know if you need additional support. Good luck!