Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Experience:  15 years of experience as a small animal veterinarian
14018973

She a ham steak bone earlier about 4 hours ago and she seems

she a ham steak bone earlier about 4 hours ago and she seems ok but there is a lump in her throat and i dont know if thats normal or not
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: bella and shes 9
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Bella?
Customer: shes had seizures in the past last one was about 6 months ago shes a beagle jack russle terrier mix

Hi. My name is***** Thank you for your question about Bella. Since eating that steak bone, has she ate or drank? Is she seeming stressed?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
shes had some food and water she seems ok we just got abit worried cause it seemed like she was gasping a little bit but she seems ok

Ok. If she has ate and drank water since eating that steak bone, then the chance of it being lodged in her esophagus is extremely unlikely. If something was stuck there where you could feel it in her throat area, she shouldn't be able to really eat and keep it down. You most likely are feeling the larynx area. More worrisome signs here would be vomiting as that could indicate that the bone is stuck lower in the intestinal tract. It has a decent chance of being digested and passed with no issues. If she starts to vomit or stops eating for over 24 hours, then she should be seen by your vet.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you Doctor

No problem. I hope all goes well for her!