Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Just got home and noticed my spayed female is very swollen…

Customer Question
Just got home and...

Just got home and noticed my spayed female is very swollen on half of her vagina.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?

Missy

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Missy?

She is about 2-1/2 years old. We adopted her in May from the Humane Society. She has had at least one litter of pups & was spayed. I have been out of town and my teenage son has been taking care of her. I am concerned that she might have an infection, but don't know what to look for

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/14/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 11 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you share pictures of what you're seeing?