Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog has an itch/irritation on his boney penis. He bites…

Customer Question
My dog has an...

My dog has an itch/irritation on his boney penis. He bites it and yelps with agony.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name and age?

Buddy, age is not known; definitely full grown. Medications are over the counter flea meds. Food is dry, moist treats.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your dog?

No, thank you for your thoughts.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/14/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 8 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Is Buddy neutered?

Have any diagnostics been performed thus far?

Can you share video of what you see?

Does he lick/bite himself obsessively or only occasionally?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian