Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Is this a live chat? She is old...17. I smelled a horrible…

Customer Question
Is this a live...

Is this a live chat?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the dog?

She is old...17. I smelled a horrible dead smell today and it was her. I thought she had had diarrhea or something because there were flies all over her. So I washed her outside, cut away some of her fur and upon looking further discovered maggots around her anus and vagina. Ive just spent over an hr trying to clean her up. They were in her fur and I found pockets of them. Just checked her again and there are more coming out of her anus. I'm very disturbed.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is the dog bleeding a lot?

Hello, I accidentally lost the chat

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

No she is not bleeding, just very irritated. Her name is*****

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Panda Bear?

Idk, she's outside when I'm at work, and I have another dog. She has had a goopy nasal infection I have antibiotics for and on and off bleeding out of her nose prior to the infection. But she's old and I can't afford taking her in all the time.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/14/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 9 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you share pictures of what you're seeing?

Did you locate any open wounds?

Is keeping her inside while at work an option?

I need to get to work and don't have time to answer any more questions.

Answer back when you're able.

I decided to handle this situation myself and do not need veterinary help. Thank you for your time.

Please let me know if that changes.