Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

My yorkie stayed with my granddaughter for a couple of

Customer Question

My yorkie stayed with my granddaughter for a couple of months while I was having health problems.. she went into heat right after she picked her up. I got her back a little over a week ago and could feel her backbone and ribs.. Thought she had not been eating well. Now she is getting nipples and her vulva protrudes.. my granddaughter said she couldn't be pregnant but I think she is. Help
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. We need to be extra careful with pregnancies, so we'll need to connect you with the Veterinarian ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the Yorkie?
Customer: she is 9 months old
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 month ago.

HI this is DRB and I would be happy to help you with this.....

Expert:  Dr B replied 1 month ago.

so here is the problem.....your dog could be pregnant and she could also be having a false pregnancy.....dogs can look pregnant and act pregnant and not be pregnant....

Expert:  Dr B replied 1 month ago.

are you there?

Expert:  Dr B replied 1 month ago.

The only thing to do in this situation is to take your dog to your vet and have them do an exam and also do xrays of her abdomen....

Expert:  Dr B replied 1 month ago.

I am concerned though that your dog is so skinny.....

Expert:  Dr B replied 1 month ago.

So, in essence you might be right but only way to know for sure is by exam and xrays of abdomen.....

Expert:  Dr B replied 1 month ago.

I hope this helps....please let me know if I can answer additional questions as I check my computer nightly...DRB

Expert:  Dr B replied 1 month ago.

If you do not have any other questions please rate me as this is how I make money to support my family. Please give me a positive rating as that is the only way I am compensated. A positive rating will not close this question and I am more than happy to answer any follow up questions that you have. ( You can rate me at top right of page).

Please remember my answers do not replace or supersede the advice of your veterinarian as my answers do not create a valid client patient relationship as I am unable to examine your pet. Thank you very much! DrB