Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My heeler male has cataracts.i doubt drops would work can…

Customer Question
Hello my heeler male...

Hello my heeler male has cataracts.i doubt drops would work can the cataracts be remove as with a person?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the dog?

He has cataracts as i told you bad in right eye but begining to appear in his left also no pain apparently can they be surgicaly removed safely

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name and age?

Peter 7 to 8 years i think without my paperwork

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

PETER

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about PETER?

SUCH AS WHAT MAY I ASK?

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/14/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr B, Veterinarian replied 9 months ago
Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian

HI this is DRB and I would be happy to help you....have you had a vet look at your dog to diagnose the cataracts?

The reason I ask this is because there is another condition that can look like cataracts....