Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My pool was services today and my dog fell in after. I need

Customer Question

My pool was services today and my dog fell in after. I need to know if the chemicals are harmful. She got a good lung full and was coughing up phlegm. Now she won't eat or drink..
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Coughing can be worrying. The Expert will know what you should do. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Lillie, 8 years of age.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Lillie?
Customer: She is foamy at the mouth as well.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Scott Perry replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is***** and I am a veterinarian that can answer your question. I understand your dog Lillie fell into the recently serviced pool and now will not eat or drink. I would like to have her respiratory rate assessed. Would you mind please counting the number of breaths she takes per minute? This will help determine if she needs further treatment. A quick hand way is to count the breaths for 10 seconds and multiply by 6. She needs to be resting in order to get an accurate number. I will be standing by for your reply.