Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I am taking care of a dog and his nose is dry and cracked.

Customer Question
Hi, i am taking...

Hi, i am taking care of a dog and his nose is dry and cracked. The owner left her behind during the storm.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?

April and i don't know her age, she seems to be about 8-10 yrs old

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

April

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about April?

Unfortunately I don't know the dog.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/14/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Richard Rawling,
 replied 11 months ago
Richard Rawling

Hi, i`m Richard, a Veterinarian from the UK. Hopefully I can help today.

Dog Veterinarian: Richard Rawling,
 replied 11 months ago

Does she seem bothered by her nose? Does it seem painful to her? Any nasal discharge?

No nasal discharge. I don't think it bothers her. She is starting to interact with the family.
Dog Veterinarian: Richard Rawling,
 replied 11 months ago

Some dogs show cracking to the nose as an age related change and it can be quite normal. However if it is a recent change or associated with any nasal discharge, it can be an indicator of infection. how long is she staying with you for?