Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I have spent $289 since july 10th. our 14 lb shih tzu has…

Customer Question
I have spent $289 since...
I have spent $289 since july 10th. our 14 lb shih tzu has front paws that swell and are painful.. she trys not to walk on them.. the vet gave her anti inflammatory injections on 8/9 and 7/10 clava,px tab 125mg prednisone 5 mg gentaved topical spray 7/10 on 8/9 another anti inflam injection apoquel 3.6 mg & clav amox 125mg after completing each treatment as required she is again having the same problem Please help!!!!
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
9/13/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Scott Perry, Dog Veterinarian replied 11 months ago
Scott Perry
Scott Perry, Dog Veterinarian

Hello. My name is***** and I am a veterinarian that can answer your question. I understand Zena has a chronic history of swelling on the front feet. It sounds like the swelling goes away when he is on medication, but then it returns once the treatment is completed. Is that a correct summary of the problem? Also, is it just the front feet that he is licking excessively, or is there an itching behavior anywhere else on the body?