Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I have spent $289 since july 10th. our 14 lb shih tzu has

Customer Question

I have spent $289 since july 10th. our 14 lb shih tzu has front paws that swell and are painful.. she trys not to walk on them.. the vet gave her anti inflammatory injections on 8/9 and 7/10 clava,px tab 125mg prednisone 5 mg gentaved topical spray 7/10 on 8/9 another anti inflam injection apoquel 3.6 mg & clav amox 125mg after completing each treatment as required she is again having the same problem Please help!!!!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Scott Perry replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is***** and I am a veterinarian that can answer your question. I understand Zena has a chronic history of swelling on the front feet. It sounds like the swelling goes away when he is on medication, but then it returns once the treatment is completed. Is that a correct summary of the problem? Also, is it just the front feet that he is licking excessively, or is there an itching behavior anywhere else on the body?